Great news today from Amazon. Amazon.com has Introduced eBooks Kindle en Español which is their new section in their Kindle Store with the largest selection of Spanish-Language Bestsellers available anywhere in the U.S. This section of the Kindle Store has over 30,000 ebooks with 65 of the top 100 Spanish-language print bestsellers. The store will also have 14 well-known Latin American newspapers which will include El Universal and La Nacion.
We’re excited to introduce Spanish language storefronts on all Kindles, as well as a dedicated store for our Spanish-speaking customers in the U.S.,” said Russ Grandinetti, Vice President, Kindle Content. “We expect our Spanish-speaking customers to enjoy both the newly-added books in Spanish, and the improved shopping and reading experience-including dedicated customer service in Spanish-that we’ve added to eBooks Kindle en Español. And we’re looking forward to continued expansion of our store for Spanish language readers around the world.
Amazon is not just offering just books but also offering help pages as well as customer support in Spanish.
Users from the US are able to set their Kindle Store to Spanish just by changing their language to Spanish under Store Language Preference in their Manage Your Kindle section.
Amazon.com has Introduced eBooks Kindle en Espanol and this is what it includes:
· All of the Spanish-language Nielsen best sellers available as eBooks in the United States, and 65 of the top 100 Spanish-language print best sellers from Amazon.com
· The largest representation of Mexican authors, including Jose Emilio Pacheco, Carlos Monsivais and Sergio Pitol
· Kindle Singles in Spanish, including Singles by best-selling authors Kurt Vonnegut and Susan Orlean
· An exclusive selection of Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go books in Spanish
· Compilations of articles from “El Pais,” including exclusive pieces from Mexican journalists writing about Mexican current affairs
· Subscriptions to 14 leading Latin American newspapers such as El Universal and La Nacion
· Popular English-language books translated into Spanish, such as the Hunger Games series, the Twilight series, “Steve Jobs,” “The Help,” and books by authors Stephen King, Nora Roberts and Joel Osteen
Now that Amazon.com has Introduced eBooks Kindle en Español you can visit the eBooks Kindle en Español store at http://www.amazon.com/eBooksKindleenEspanol
[via Amazon press release]